Knowing what to look for and what to avoid when choosing a professional window cleaning company could save you some major hassles, time and energy.
Look for a company that is very service oriented. There are window cleaning companies out there who are not really service oriented and their quality of work reflects that. Some companies may have lost touch with customer needs but many of the small to mid sized companies are very service oriented.
These are a few tips to help you choose the right professional window cleaning company for your home:
1. Make sure the window cleaning company you hire is insured.Asking to see a copy of their proof of insurance so you can be assured they have insurance. This way you can check the date of the policy and make sure they have at least $1,000,000 of coverage. When your window cleaning company can produce proof of insurance, your concerns are addressed and that‘s a good start to a long lasting professional relationship.
2. An experienced window cleaning company will be able to give you an estimate over the phone or through email. Just be prepared to provide them with some basic information such as:
- Square footage of your home
- Number of windows
- How many stories your home has
- Any divided light or French paned windows
3. How often should you have your windows cleaned? This is a question that many customers ask. It's important to have your windows cleaned on a regular basis. Beyond the obvious aesthetic enjoyment of a clear window to enjoy the view from, it can actually prolong the life of your windows.
Most people get their windows cleaned every 6-12 months. If you have a lot of trees on or around your property will need to have them cleaned more often because they get dirty much more quickly. If quarterly cleaning is needed you will also have the option of just cleaning the outside every other time. This type of schedule is great for keeping your costs to a minimum while maintaining a clear windows.
Also keep in mind that if your windows are not cleaned regularly they will accumulated dirt and minerals which can etch themselves into the glass making it very difficult or even impossible to restore to their original transparency.
4. Ask about cleaning your screens. It doesn't make much sense to clean the windows and reinstall screens that are covered with dust.
5. Ask about having the sills and tracks cleaned. This is a good question to ask up front and it's another indication of whether you're speaking to a professional or not. Including cleaning the tracks is a process is very easy to do as they will get wet anyway. Cleaning them actually means little more than wiping up the water left behind from cleaning the glass. You may want to vacuum the window tracks before the windows are cleaned to remove debris. By doing this, your professional window cleaning company will be able to clean up the remaining debris more easily and thoroughly.
Upstate Window and Gutter Cleaning, inc. offers professional and courteous window cleaning services. Read more about our window cleaning services and check out what our clients say about us in our testimonials.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE or Call Us at 1-888-556-8114
Please like us on facebook!